MIDNIGHT!/ Sunday, April 04, 2010
There's still another weekend of spcpoc left, but for blizzards, today's the last day of our competition. We were ranked 3rd in our group, so we had only 2 more matches to play, and we finished both games today. We first played against SIM mantai and sadly, lost the game 1-5. Sigh. The loss was probably due to alot of personal mistakes. We had fast breaks opportunities but didn't capitalise on it, because of bad ball passing. And my long range shots failed today. :( It all went over-bar! Sigh. On a random note, SIM mantai really live up to their name. They were playing mahjong before and after their games and hardly needed to warm up! Yet they still managed to win us. SOBS! After a game break following the game with SIM, we played again, this time round with TP wo-man. Sadly, we drew the match 1-1 when given our capability, we should have won the game. I put in the first goal in the first min, but TP put in their goal in the last min. Haix. Perhaps we were too complacent. We didn't have a proper attack, and we didn't convert alot of our shots. We really had alot alot of opportunities to shoot, but we just failed to convert our shots!!! It's really very disappointing. There's alot more of our own weaknesses that we need to work on for nat champs, especially if we're looking at getting a medal, next to making sure that we're always consistent with our performance. Personally, I need to work on defending better, not stoning, turn around much quicker, convert my shots into goals, sprint faster...in every of my skills I still have alot of room for improvement actually.
More than 1year into playing canoepolo, we've gotten our basics but there seemed to be something lacking. I can't pinpoint what exactly, but the desire to win seemed to have diminished, despite us setting goals for this competition. It has to be a team effort to want to win a competition, not just one's personal belief, and then to put that firm mentality into action is something else to work on too.
Personally, I'm still searching for the reason to play canoepolo. I think it takes more than passion to sustain the interest. Side track abit, it was both the passion for kayaking and the wonderful company of coaches that have allowed me to love and continue coaching. As for canoepolo, the passion is definitely there, but I need another xfactor. I want to give glory to God through playing cp, but I haven't been doing a good job of it. Maybe I'm expecting too much from God. I'm disappointed with God when we lose our games, because I've prayed and petitioned to him about our matches. Yet I also know I am not qualified to be disappointed in Him, because I've caused him much more disappointments. And I know that in everything, God has a plan and will for us. But it's really so tough to overcome all the negative thoughts. Maybe I didn't set enough prayer conditions. Maybe I shouldn't be too focused on physical things but should seek what He is looking for. But I really think that God wants me to play canoepolo. I'll keep looking for the xfactor.Ohh, and I sunburnt today although it was raining the entire day! zZz.
Anyway, I want to go watch the youth olympics games, especially the finals matches!!! Swimming and volleyball will be exciting I think but they're held on weekdays morning/afternoon and during that period it's wk3 in nus, so tutorials and lectures would have started and I don't know what my timetable will be like! ):
Past. Present. Future
4/04/2010 08:59:00 PM <3
>>>