MIDNIGHT!/ Thursday, November 19, 2009
At my last makeup EC3102 lecture (sometime last week), a particular student suddenly gave a loud scream in the relatively silent lecture theatre, save for the lecture's voice. We were all stunned and turned our heads towards the direction where the sound was heard. Apparently, the student had fits and he had collapsed onto the ground. Like many others, I just stared, unsure of what to do, how to react. Many of us were shocked and curious. Then 1 brave soul went to enquire if the guy was alright. The lecturer too, was at a loss. After 5minutes of stunned silence, the lecturer took action. He released us from lecture, having recognised that we wouldn't be in the mood to listen to him lecture any further. How true. What a dramatic way of ending lecture. Ashamed of being first aid certified but not being able to render any aid to the victim for fear that I give the wrong first aid treatment, I went home and flipped through my first aid manual. We do not need to touch the guy having fits, as long as he is in a safe/danger-free location. One shouldn't attempt to constrict his movements either, unless he tries to bite his tongue. Even then, place a cloth, not a spoon nor anything hard into his mouth. Experiencing the situation firsthand has made me realise that I should be constantly reading up on my first aid skills, so that I would know what to do such something unfortunate happen. It's pointless to be certified in basic first aid otherwise. I should apply the skills that I learn.It's reading week, and everyone's busy mugging for exams. Central libray has been very packed for the past few days...sometimes things got distracting, but I reckon I revised my work more than I would have done if I had stayed at home to study. STUDY HARD PEOPLE.
Past. Present. Future
11/19/2009 12:29:00 AM <3
>>>