<body> What does my future lies?
THY PROFILE
Joycelyn
23 april 1989
taurus
mbs.cedar.ajc.NUS.
crater.ODAC 23rd. canoe polo.

GOSSIPFOLKS !



ARCHIVES BABY!

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010

LINKSPHERE

krystal selina liwen yanling amelia. 4pians jeslynn. 2706. jillian. weiyee. kaiting. jonathan. jiachang. yong biao. ajc ODAC. 24th. alan. mei ying. jia wen. jwen. wynee. nellyn. joleen. xiangfeng. siti. swz. rongjie. wanqing. jeremy. benson. jerlyn. weiling. kristine. jasmine. janice. amamda. jiabao. jorina. andrew. john. hema. diyanah. yong zuan. ms low. grace. alex. emmerson. simin. desmond.

Credits!

Designer ; j-wen
Image: PGP.
Host: I II.


MIDNIGHT!/ Thursday, July 30, 2009


TeamNUS Summit 09. It was a leadership camp for the appointment holders of various sports in NUS, but thankfully, I had the opportunity to go for this camp though I wasn't a captain or vice-captain. The camp was a success, an enriching and great learning experience for me. It wasn't just
about the activities we did, the company made the camp even more enjoyable.

Day1 evening. We all met up at MPSH6 to play ice-breakers games...Blow wind blow is a dangerous mass ice-breakers game. I knocked my head against Siti while running from one end to the other end. -.- After that we were divided into diifferent groups and had mini ice-breakers. I was allocated to b3! My group had volleyball, softball, floorball, netball, badminton, cheerleading, bridge, dragonboat, judo, rugby, soccer and touch people. Shortly after that, it was time to board the coach for Malaysia! Along the ride, we stopped at the customs and various places in Malaysia for supper and toilet break and breakfast.

Day2. We arrived at the earth campsite around 7.30am. There was an introduction to the camp facilities..their toilets and showers area very pretty! They try as much as possible to be as environmentally friendly as possible. After settling down, we went off for our first activity of the day, caving at Gua Tempurung! I think I prefer caving to trekking. It's less humid! Initially we were just climbing steps..then we had to go on all 4 fours as we moved around and crawled through cold water too. *brr* At some places the ceiling was so low and the water so high it was hard to crawl your way through and attempt to keep your clothes dry. Thankfully we had helmets too. If there was something which I got away from caving, it was to remember to use the toilet before we started off! =x

After caving came lunch and then leadership games in the afternoon. We played different games, such as the traffic jam game, at the campsite. It was a good insight, as the different sports people shared various ideas and we discussed about issues such as people, process, product, communication...there was also the rubbish things my group B3 did too, such as crapping and coming up with our own cheer. HEHE. Then came dinner followed by sharings from cheerleading, water polo and soccer. Night walk was cancelled as many of us were very tired by the day's activity. So it was bedtime after the sharing session!

Day3. We splitted into 2 groups, A and B. The A group would do whitewater rafting in the morning and the high ropes in the afternoon. The B group, on the other hand, would start with high ropes first. Since I was in group B, we started off with doing high ropes elements! There was 3 obstacles to complete, the easy, the intermediate and the tough stations. Having been exposed to quite afew high elements since seconday school, the high ropes wasn't much of a challenge to me. I did enjoy trying out the obstacles out in a natural environment, instead of those we see at the Singapore campsites. Their belay system was new to me too. There was no belayer involved. Instead, one just need to hook on the safety line/belayer to another line. 1 bad thing about the high ropes area was the many mosquitoes bites I had! Sobs. I enjoyed the flying fox though, as well as the talking sessions in between waiting to complete the obstacles. Hee.

After lunch, we switched over to whitewater rafting. It was my first experience and I had loads of fun!! Exciting exciting. My guide/instructor for the rafting made the experience even more interesting in the grade 2/3 condition, by giving us countless capsizes. -.- Thankfully, safety wasn't compromised. Then it was time for campfire after the day's activities! I guess we outgrow all the campfire songs..but there was still the mass dance segment, where we danced to 'You are my sunshine'. The dance steps were easy to learn and we just kept changing partners. I suppose it was so that we could meet more new faces and get to know more people. Since campfire night was the last night, all of us stayed up late and had HTHT sessions. We played alot of games, some content sensored and meant only for those present to hear.

Day4. Because we turned in late the night before, I could hardly open my eyes in the morning. It was raining too so I felt like sleeping even more. Nonetheless, I dragged myself up and started packing up. Thankfully for the NUS windbreaker which kept me dry as I transported my bag from the tentage to the bus and breakfast area. After breakfast, we boarded the bus, this time not with our respective sports people but rather, our respective groups. Most of us slept on the bus to KL, but after we reached KL, it was lunch for us and then 'shopping' cum HTHT sessions again! Back on the bus from KL back to Singapore, it was also more HTHTs! Really, the camp had enabled different people from the various sports to come together, allow us to make new bonds and share new insights with one another. It's been a good trip. (:

Sports Camp Part II. It started off with a chalet at Sentosa resort on Sunday night, where liting, steph, michelle, rachel, david, joel, malcolm and I stayed over. We went for the fright night, but Joel and I didn't complete the walk, because apparently, the police were alerted to the activity so the ocomm had to cancel the activity. I did get to experience half of it I reckon. I think i'm too timid! I screamed ALOT. -.- Super unglam please. Michelle and liting commented that they could hear me from outside. zZz. Next day morning, it was beach games at Sentosa! So we played different games..I left during lunch time though, for matric fair duty. Because cp booth was located at the IVP area, I saw many familiar faces, all friends as I walked down the row. They were friends which I had made during the summit camp. It definitely made the fair more interesting, as we would gather at times, to just talk and crap. HAA. After matric fair duty, it was back to sports camp/bash! The Ocomm had organised for a bash to be held at supper club. We were supposed to pay $4 for the entrance fee, but joel, lloyd, xy and I didnt pay..maybe cos we were late. =x The bash was boring...Like all other bashes I guess. It was the company that made the night. And with that bash, sports camp was over. Thank you, SC Ocommers, especially to Hwa Cheng, the project director, for making the camp a success. The councillors and the freshies all had fun. Friendships were made, and the bonds formed wont be broken. Thank you Ang Kong Kia councillors too, for making pre-camp and sports camp to be so fun! Thank you Kua Zui freshies, for the fun and laughter you've brought. :)



Past. Present. Future
7/30/2009 02:53:00 PM <3

>>>