MIDNIGHT!/ Monday, April 13, 2009
Saturday was an exciting day!!! Blizzards played 3 matches, against SP Ladies, Black Crooks and Titians. We may have lost 2 matches, but we certainly put up a great fight!!! Blizzards were on-form yesterday. (: And we won our final match!!! The final match came with karma though.Our first game was against SP Ladies. Amazingly enough, I got both 1st balls. Somehow, the ball ended up on my side when I thought I didn't manage to get it. Hmm. Ball possession for this game wasn't good enough however. We lost 2 goals to fast-breaks at the second half. That said, I think we put up a good fight, especially in the first half, where the score was 1-0. The final scoreline was 4-0. That's a worse score as opposed to our previous match against them where we only lost 2-0. Oh wells. Some random comment, I totally didn't appreciate the commentator during our match. He seemed quite surprised that Blizzards could get the first ball and that we could hold ball possession for a reasonable amount of time. zZz.The second game was against black crooks, where we played better! Many actually thought we'd draw the game, since the score was 0-0 at the first half. That didn't happen though; blizzards conceded 2 goals in the second half. What we managed to do however, was to get black crooks to draw a team green for obstruction. Sid was subsequently given a yellow card and sent off. The fact that we managed to minimise the scoreline was because kq and hy played well. They blocked off many attempts at the goalpost. And when black crooks had fast break opportunities, they weren't able to capitalise on it and score.Our last game was against titians and it was the most exciting match. We wanted very much to win this match and we knew that we stood a chance of winning. We had drawed against them previously, but we wanted to win this time round. And that's what we did. It was raining heavily with lighting before the game, so our final game was delayed. I think it was 6pm when we started the game.Titians had the ball first, but then came a changeover and kaiqi scored. All of us were ecstatic when she scored! The team morale went a few notches higher and we played even more aggressively. Perhaps because of that we were given a warning for obstruction in the first half. We had pushed out our defence when the first warning came. We were told that no obstruction was allowed beyond the 6m mark. Come second half and it was a more intense period. Titians had the ball possession most of the time. There came a period where Jackson the ref blew the whistle and called for blizzards' team captain. We don't a team captain, but I had gone to him when he gave the first warning. When he called for the captain again however, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to go to him since I was subbing out so I shouted at aga to go to Jackson. Then Jackson looked at me and shouted something like "How many captains do you have? Are you the captain or is she the captain?" Zzz. I didn't know la! So I went up to him and then he gave us a team green. :( :( :( A while later, Jackson blew the whistle again, and gave aga a yellow card for obstruction. Blur Aga wanted to continue playing even after she was given the yellow card. -.- Classic moment. Us and the ref had to shout at her to go out. Less than a minute later, Jackson blew the whistle again, and this time round, gave Simin the yellow card. :( So it was down to 3 of us against 5 of them. We were seriously worried that we won't be able to win the game now. Fortunately for us, Titians didn't manage to score even with only 3 of us inside. They had clustered together. We defended well too. Yx played well, managing to block off some passes with her paddle. Then came the last few seconds where there was still only 4 of us inside and Titians had the ball. The last shot they attempted went in. Immediately, titians and np supporters started cheering. We were stunned. Then came the ref's whistle and his hand signal that the goal wasn't allowed because the game had ended. We were of course relived, and started screaming. We had won, against titians. GOOD JOB BLIZZARDS. :) When we had settled everything, we went for our post competition team dinner. Initially we wanted to go Holland V, but we overshot that stop. Then we wanted to go to the Swensens' besides Paragon but found out that it was closed. And so we ended at ps Swensens', where we had a good laugh/talk about our matches. On a side note, I think Swensens' service has deteriorated. We were already sitting comfortably when they asked 4 of us to shift to another table. And they took a long time in coming to take our orders. Certainly not the type of service that i'm looking for.
<3
Past. Present. Future
4/13/2009 12:05:00 AM <3
>>>