MIDNIGHT!/ Sunday, September 03, 2006
This long weekend has been fun, enjoyable, pleasant, entertaining, delightful...=)Sunday:Was involved in the jalan kayu makan mania together with yt, sel, fabian and shawn, as facilitators. I woke up in the morning at 0700h, having slept for 12 hours the night before (super duper tired!) then went to meet them for breakfast.I was super blur in the morning! I thought that bus no. 854 would pass by the area, but turned out that I was wrong. So, I had to walk 2 bus stops down to meet them..was too lazy to cross the road and take another bus.All the facilators had to assemble at 0915h, where we were given a shirt and the final briefing for the race. After that, together with our partners (2 facilitators were attached to a team), we went to interact with the particiapants. Selina and I were attached to group 14, where there were 2 particpants, husband and wife. They're quite sweet!At approximately 1120h, a bus fetched different teams to the different starting points. Our teams alighted in front of some temple area..I'm not too sure where's that place though. After looking at the clues, the couple went to their first destination. I think they've stayed in amk for quite some time, cos they know the area quite well.Our first food checkpoint was at Lee Wee & Brothers' foodstuff, a place at realty park that sold otah. That was followed by thohirah restaurant, the famous foodstall at jalan kayu selling roti prata. And then, we went inside seletar camp to the 398 canteen. The uncle there is generous!! He gave us free drinks and food, despite us saying that we wanted to pay for them. And then. we went to tiptop currypuff, the place which PM Goh mentioned in his speech, and is located at amk central. The fourth station was naked fish, the restaurant inside the grassroots club. We had french fries there. Next, the team went to cactus cafe, this place that sold jap food and tried chawamushi (steamed egg). Super nice super nice! Hehe. Our last checkpoint was IMH, which is a physical fitness station. After completing that station, we went back to the RC to report. Hoho. Team 14 came in second overall and got $200 cash! Yays. But too bad the money don't belong to me. Sniff. Nevermind, at least I got to taste some of the food! They were delicious! Slurp. Hee. All the place we went to had good food. After everything ended, the 5 of us just simply stoned. We wanted to hang around somewhere, but couldn't think of a place to go to. Bleh. And so, we ended up going home. I didn't feel like studying when I reached home, and decided to go bedok reservior for a jog. Just felt like running and I needed a change in environment. There's motivation to run at bedok reservoir rather than at the pathway opposite my house, because you don't have a choice. You can't turn back after running 2km at the reservoir, since it's a circular loop. You have to complete another 2.2km to go back to where you came from. Hmm. I ran approximately 4.5km. Sigh. Not satisfacted with my timing at all. Completed 4km in 25mins. How slow can I get! =(Saturday:President Challenge. I woke up at 0600h and was so tired...could hardly open my eyes. Not that I regret sleeping at 0430h. Okay, so I had to meet my fellow odacians at chinese garden mrt station at 0800h, but I was late! Sorry odacians, that you had to wait for me. I missed the train.Altogether, 8 odacians (meiying, huizhen, fariha, stacy, rachel, vincent, jin ken plus me), 1 teacher (mr chin) and super seniors (sam, cecilia, yeehan, shuhui, jiaying, jeffrey, elaine plus others whose name i have yet to know!) particaipated in the president's challenge, where we did coastal cleaning and partnered with the HCI (sec) guys. We didn't really do anything much though. Most of the time, we formed rafts. And I didn't really know what to talk to my partner, gerald. I just taught him some basic skills on how to kayak since he didn't know of any skills. But, I enjoyed conversating with the people besides me when we formed rafts! Hmm, after mr nathan came and i think he opened the ceremony offically or something (we couldn't really hear what was happening on land since we were in the kayak), we went to pick up rubbish from the coastal regions. I wouldn't say it was productive, since we only cleaned for approximately 30 mins? But then again, there wasn't a lot of litter.We had lunch after beaching up. I think we're a pampered batch of people, because the lunch was quite good. Rice with egg, vegetables, chicken wing and nuggets. Plus a fruit too. And all that foc.After lunch, we wanted to do dragon boating but then they kept the paddles. So we had to chose another alternative, kayaking. We didn't kayak on the dancer, but instead tired out a new type of kayak, malibu two. It's some kind of open kayak. Fun fun! Stacy and I jumped into the water thrice, pretending that we capsized. Heh. The weather was too hot you see! Then we did some suntanning too, plus tried to paddle sideways, had some competition..I do hope that we haven't given a bad impression of aj odac though. We weren't exactly very well behaved out in the lake.Later on, we went to boon lay and had some food. Had a great time there too! We played some game at macs where we had to guess some unknown identities. Then on the train, back home, vincent wasn't allowed to talked for 15 mins. And amazingly, he did it. *claps* Way to go vincent! Haha.And I can't believe that I'm so gullible!! Bleh. I got conned into thinking that fairha is from chij tp, when she's from naval base! Now i know. Only Meiying and Huizhen are from chij tp!!! Hmmph.And do you know that boon lay smells of chocolate??Friday:Did PW from morning till afternoon and then went to have dinner with my family. We went yuki-yaki to eat since it was my brother's birthday.The buffet food there's not bad, especially the fish. There's this fish seasoned with chili that's super nice! I was addicted to it. Haa. They provide more variety than seoul garden too. And then after that, I made my own ice-cream! It was quite fun making them! But, the taste was quite normal. The only nice favour was probably rum rasin.And no, I didn't put make up that day. Seriously, I don't know why my brother thought i did.I went to catch 2 midnight movies with anna after that, monster house and the devil wears prada. Hee. Had free movie tickets. =)Monster house is scary, although it's in cartoon and the plot is quite crap. And I also don't know why I'm scared and keep grabbing anna's hands. Both of us just held on to each other so that we don't scream and embarrass ourselves. Oh wells.On the other hand, the devil wears prada is a nice movie. Very different from monster house. It made me reflect on some stuff too.Yupp. The end of this long post. =P
Past. Present. Future
9/03/2006 09:05:00 PM <3
>>>